Friday, July 14, 2006

Ring around Rosie

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Science has spent a lot of time and money to focus that eye. And after all that time and effort they basically concluded that two things hold true no matter where you go in the world: symmetry is desirable as well as a particular hip to waist ratio.That ratio is 70%. (Medical science would like to see the gals of the world at 80%)
No matter where you are in the world if your waist is 30% smaller than your hips you have an advantage over all those other breeders.

Marylin Monroe in her size 10 ? 70%
Kate Moss with her size -0? 70%

It doesn't matter if you're in Kansas, Moscow, or deep in the Brazilian rain forests. If you have that magic number you're an eye catcher.
The entire species has decided that this is a damn good number.
So to all you gals wearing low rise jeans with wide load waists...

CUT IT OUT!

The entire spectrum of humanity has decided that this is not attractive! From the barrio to the bayou you are making a fashion faux paus on an evolutionary level.

The reason I bring this up is not only because I've seen more than my fair share of blubbery belt lines this summer. I bring this up because yours truly, in a moment of lunacy, bought a bright red dress recently...with a VERY low cut top.

I wish I'd had someone there to remind me of the muffin top madames walking around the walmart with whiney brats in tow. I wish someone had been there to tell me that pretty ain't that hard if you just keep all your parts in perspective.

I wish I didn't have this bright red reminder of what I'm not.

So I consider this particular rant to be a public service:
Gals, find what works and stop being bullied by fashion. I will thank you. The species will thank you. And you will feel a lot better about yourself in the long run.

And as an added bonus, you got a better chance of getting laid!

(this particular rant is a little rough around the edges. sorry. it's been so long that guilt has forced me to post.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home